Fiction Best Sellers
Fiction Best Sellers: Week of January 17, 2021
- THE VANISHING HALF by Brit Bennett. The lives of twin sisters who run away from a Southern black community at age 16 diverge as one returns and the other takes on a different racial identity but their fates intertwine.
- THE INVISIBLE LIFE OF ADDIE LARUE by V.E. Schwab. A Faustian bargain comes with a curse that affects the adventure Addie LaRue has across centuries.
- THE RETURN by Nicholas Sparks. A doctor serving in the Navy in Afghanistan goes back to North Carolina where two women change his life.
- READY PLAYER TWO by Ernest Cline. In a sequel to “Ready Player One,” Wade Watts discovers a technological advancement and goes on a new quest.
- WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING by Delia Owens. In a quiet town on the North Carolina coast in 1969, a woman who survived alone in the marsh becomes a murder suspect.
- ANXIOUS PEOPLE by Fredrik Backman. A failed bank robber holds a group of strangers hostage at an apartment open house.
- A TIME FOR MERCY by John Grisham. The third book in the Jake Brigance series. A 16-year-old is accused of killing a deputy in Clanton, Miss., in 1990.
- THE MYSTERY OF MRS. CHRISTIE by Marie Benedict. What might have happened during the 11 days in which a rising mystery author went missing in 1926.
- THE MIDNIGHT LIBRARY by Matt Haig. Nora Seed finds a library beyond the edge of the universe that contains books with multiple possibilities of the lives one could have lived.
- DEADLY CROSS by James Patterson. The 28th book in the Alex Cross series. An investigation of a double homicide sends Alex Cross to Alabama.
- DAYLIGHT by David Baldacci. The F.B.I. agent Atlee Pine’s search for her twin sister overlaps with a military investigator’s hunt for someone involved in a global conspiracy.
- THE GUEST LIST by Lucy Foley. A wedding between a TV star and a magazine publisher on an island off the coast of Ireland turns deadly.
- THE AWAKENING by Nora Roberts. The first book in the Dragon Heart Legacy series. Breen Kelly travels through a portal in Ireland to a land of faeries and mermaids.
- HUSH-HUSH by Stuart Woods. The 56th book in the Stone Barrington series. Old friends come to Stone’s aid as he takes on an expanding cabal of enemies.
- THE SENTINEL by Lee Child and Andrew Child. Jack Reacher intervenes on an ambush in Tennessee and uncovers a conspiracy.
Excerpted from The New York Times Best Seller lists