Goals & ResponsibilitiesThe main goal and responsibility of the Zoning Department is to serve the public good. We also strive to ensure the appropriate use and techniques of land development through enforcement of the City’s Code of Ordinances by facilitating the timely review of development applications for approval by the Zoning Staff. Review of permits is performed to ensure final implementation. Zoning staff is charged with monitoring all development for compliance with the City’s Code of Ordinances.
Letters and Reports
To request a Zoning Confirmation Letter/Planning and Zoning Property Status Report please provide the following information:
- The property address.
- The use in question (if any).
- To whom to address the letter: name and address.
- Please provide your contact information.
- The cost of a Zoning Letter is $250 which confirms the property is in compliance with the current zoning district and/or confirm zoning regulations and permitted uses. Code violations search is performed as well.
- If you require a Planning and Zoning Property Status Report which will consist of a Planning and Zoning development history of the property, the cost is $500. Contact Development Services for a sample. Opens a New Window.
*Requests with payment can be mailed to the Zoning office or submitted in person. Please make checks payable to the City of Boca Raton.
Please email to email@example.com
- elevation certificates
- final engineering reports
- exterior renovations
- new buildings
- screening, etc.
*Fences: If there is no pool on your property, there will be an onsite inspection of your fence.
Community Appearance Board
Please contact zoning to schedule your permit(s) to be reviewed by the Community Appearance Board. The deadline for submittal of item(s) to be on the CAB agenda is a week prior to the upcoming meeting.
- APPLICANTS BE ADVISED: Applicants are no longer required to bring 5 sets of proposed plans to the meeting. Staff will be providing all plans for the Board to review. Please note, that only plans previously submitted to the building department and reviewed by staff will be presented.
- While staff will be providing all necessary plan sheets, please bring the following to the meeting:
- Narrative of the scope of work
- Any paint and/or material samples (if applicable)
- Photos of existing building (if applicable)
- Photos of all exterior signage (if applicable)
Preliminary Review, IDA/PMD/SCV/SPA Recommendations, and Master Sign Plans: Please submit application and payment to the Zoning Office via mail or in person. Checks are to be made payable to the City of Boca Raton. An invite to ePlans will be sent for upload of proposed plans for zoning review prior to scheduling of Community Appearance Board meeting.
Please see Sign Information webpage
Meeting Results Instructions
- Should your CAB approval have conditions and notated comments, the applicant will need to submit a correction (revised plan sheets) to permit. These corrections may be submitted at the same time other plan review comments are being addressed.
- Should CAB vote to postpone your item, the applicant is required to make the necessary plan corrections to the permit. Corrections must be submitted and reviewed by Zoning staff before being rescheduled for CAB. Failure to attend the meeting without notifying staff will result in a $100 re-application fee when scheduling another meeting.