Goals & Responsibilities
The main goal and responsibility of the Zoning Department is to serve the public good. We also strive to ensure the appropriate use and techniques of land development through enforcement of the City’s Code of Ordinances by facilitating the timely review of development applications for approval by the Zoning Staff. Review of permits is performed to ensure final implementation. Zoning staff is charged with monitoring all development for compliance with the City’s Code of Ordinances.
View zoning districts by address via Boca Raton Parcel Viewer
Letters and Reports
To request a Zoning Confirmation Letter/Planning and Zoning Property Status Report please provide the following information:
- The property address.
- The use in question (if any).
- To whom to address the letter: name and address.
- Please provide your contact information.
- The cost of a Zoning Letter is $125 which confirms the property is in compliance with the current zoning district and/or confirm zoning regulations and permitted uses. Code violations search is performed as well.
- If you require a Planning and Zoning Property Status Report which will consist of a Planning and Zoning development history of the property, the cost is $250. Sample Opens a New Window.
*Requests with payment can be mailed to the Zoning office or submitted in person. Please make checks payable to the City of Boca Raton.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8 A.M. - 4 P.M.
8 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Request Zoning Information
Community Appearance Board
Please contact zoning to schedule your permit(s) to be reviewed by the Community Appearance Board.The deadline for submittal of item(s) to be on the CAB agenda is a week prior to the upcoming meeting.
- The applicant shall bring & present 5 hard copies of final permit plans that have already been submitted to the building department.
- Please have detailed to scaled drawings showing proposed improvements and photographs showing existing conditions (when applicable).
- If the Board has reviewed your project previously, drawings/plans must indicate changes made. These are required in order for the CAB to judge compatibility.
Preliminary Review, IDA/PMD/SCV Recommendations, and Sign Criteria/Program Proposals: Please submit application and payment to the Zoning Office via mail or in person. Checks are to be made payable to the City of Boca Raton. For new buildings and larger projects, please submit plans on (8) CDs with all documents/plans in PDF format for distribution to the CAB at least one week before your schedule meeting.
Meeting Results Instructions
- Should your CAB approval have conditions and notated comments, applicant will need to submit a correction (revised plan sheets) to permit One-Stop Center reflecting said conditions. These corrections may be submitted at the same time other plan review comments are being addressed.
- Should CAB vote to postpone your item, applicant will be required to make the necessary corrections accordingly and contact staff via email by Thursday to confirm readiness for the next CAB meeting. (For Postponed items the applicant does not submit corrected plans to the City until after CAB re-reviews and approves the corrected plans.)