Borrow, Renew, Return
Frequently Asked Questions:
Your Library Card may be used at both the Downtown Library branch and the Spanish River Library branch of the Boca Raton Public Library. You may return materials to either Library branch by using our convenient indoor or outdoor book drops. Oversized items can be returned to the inside Checkout Desks.
To check your account status, including upcoming due dates, login to My Library Account. To update your account information online after you log in, just choose “My Settings” from the dropdown available on the blue login button located at the top upper right corner of the webpage. Under Account Information, you can modify and update your username, PIN, or email at any time. You can also call 561-544-8570 to speak to a library staff member for assistance.
The Boca Raton Public Library offers convenient automatic renewal service! Most of your checked-out library items are eligible for two (2) automatic renewals. This service makes it much easier for you to receive additional time to borrow items you enjoy, but also minimizes the potential for overdue fines. The Library sends courtesy email notices to inform you of the due dates of all your checked-out items and identifies which items are eligible for automatic renewal.
No, this service is automatically available to all our cardholders.
The Library will automatically renew eligible materials checked out on library cardholders’ accounts for two additional loan periods.
- 14-day items can potentially be loaned for 42 days
- 28-day items can potentially be loaned for 84 days
- Items with a patron request to hold or reserve the item
- Item that has reached its maximum allowed renewal limit of two times
- Library cardholder account that has accrued a fine of $10.00 or more
- Library cardholder account that has expired
- Interlibrary Loan items
- Designated non-renewal items (special collection items)
- Digital resources such as eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMovies, eMusic, etc. (Overdrive, Hoopla, Kanopy, Freegal Music, etc.)
- Automatic Renewal Service: The Library system auto-renews eligible items twice so you don't have to.
- By Phone: Call 561-544-8570
- In Person: Visit the Library’s Checkout Desk (Account Services)
- Manual Online Renewals: You can manually renew your item(s) up to two times for eligible items. Please note that if you renew manually through your online account, the new due date will be based on the day you renew. Just log in to My Library Account and enter your username and 13-digit library barcode number plus your 4-digit PIN.
Loan Periods at a Glance:
| 28-Day Loans||14-Day Loans || 7-Day Loans|
| || || |
Borrowing Fees and Fines at a Glance:
| Borrowing Fees||Borrowing Fines|
| || |