The Boca Raton Police Services Department received National Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies in 1989.
The Department employs 217 sworn officers and 110 civilian employees. Our agency prides itself on the professional atmosphere and the professional demeanor of our employees. We strive to recruit only the most dedicated and qualified people.
To apply for a police officer position at the Boca Raton Police Services Department, you must first schedule, complete and pass the PAT/BMST. These tests can be taken at either Palm Beach State College or Broward State College. Once you have passed the PAT/BMST you are eligible to Apply.
Non-certified officer candidates will be required to attend a Florida Criminal Justice Entry Level Training Program (police academy) selected by the department. In addition to the department’s established hiring criteria, candidates must meet all training center entrance requirements and maintain academic and performance standards throughout the course of study.
DO NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS TO HUMAN RESOURCES!
We offer qualified candidates the following:
- A starting salary of $77,859
- A take-home car program
- $1,300 annual uniform allowance
- $1,200 annual crash-free bonus
- Firearms issued
- Annual longevity bonus after 10 years
- On-duty workouts
- 20-year pension plan (no minimum age required)
- A 7-year Deferred Retirement Option Plan (D.R.O.P.)
- 12-hour shifts
- Paid vacation & sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- Professional development bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
To be considered for the position of police officer, YOU MUST:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Not have been convicted of a felony
- Not have been convicted of perjury
- Be of good moral character
- Have a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college OR two (2) years active-duty military with an honorable discharge OR two (2) years of prior law enforcement or correctional officer experience
- You may apply for employment before obtaining a Florida Driver's License. If selected, you must obtain a valid Florida Driver's License before starting work as a Boca Raton Police Officer
An Equal Opportunity Employer