Strategic Planning 2021 - 2022
On May 12 and 13, and June 1, 2021, the City hosted a strategic planning retreat that was facilitated by Doug Thomas of Strategic Government Resources. Held in an online format this year, the visioning workshop was open to the public and included:
- A review of the City’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. (SWOT Analysis)
- Confirmation of the City’s vision, mission, and strategic goals which will serve as the foundation of the City’s Strategic Plan
- Boca Raton’s Vision: “Boca Raton- a beautiful, prosperous, safe, and vibrant coastal community”
- Boca Raton’s Mission: “Responsibly providing outstanding services to enhance our unique quality of life.”
- Strategic Goals
- Goal #1 Financially Sound City
- Goal #2 World Class Municipal Services
- Goal #3 Strong Partnership with the Community
- Goal #4 Vibrant and Sustainable City
Updates on the four strategic goals from 2020-2021 were provided by senior staff. Accomplishments, highlights and emerging projects and initiatives were discussed. The City Council then reviewed and ranked their priorities to give staff clear direction. While all priories that were reviewed will be advanced by the administration, the City Council’s top 5 priorities will have dedicated attention and resources.
- Financially Sound City - Seize emerging economic development opportunities
- Strong Partnership with the Community - Partnership and Land Lease Agreement with BRADEC
- Vibrant and Sustainable Community - Palmetto Park Road East of the Intracoastal Waterway
- Vibrant and Sustainable City - Comprehensive Traffic and Connectivity Planning
Strategic Planning Sessions
- 2021 - 2022: Watch the videos for the 2021 - 2022 Strategic Planning Workshops:
- 2020 - 2021: There was no Strategic Planning session for 2020-2021 due to COVID-19.
- 2019 - 2020: Watch the video of the 2019 - 2020 Strategic Planning Workshop.
- View the links below for an update on the progress made on the goals from the 2019-2020 Strategic Plan: