Strategic Planning 2022-2023
PLEASE NOTE: Resolution 112-2022 approving and adopting the Strategic plan was originally scheduled for a meeting on September 28, 2022 that was postponed due to Hurricane Ian. The item has been placed on the 10/12/22 agenda for consideration and approval.
Strategic Planning Workshop 2022
On May 31 and June 1, 2022, the City hosted a strategic planning workshop that was facilitated by Julia Novack of Raftelis. Held in-person at 6500 North Congress Avenue, the workshop was open to the public and included:
- A review of the City’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. (SWOT Analysis)
- Confirmation of the City’s vision, mission, and strategic goals which will serve as the foundation of the City’s Strategic Plan
- Boca Raton’s Vision: “Boca Raton- a beautiful, prosperous, safe, and vibrant coastal community”
- Boca Raton’s Mission: “Responsibly providing outstanding services to enhance our unique quality of life.”
- Strategic Goals
- Goal #1 Financially Sound City
- Goal #2 World Class Municipal Services
- Goal #3 Strong Partnership with the Community
- Goal #4 Vibrant and Sustainable City
This year's sessions were recorded and can be watched online:
- May 31 - Day 1 - Morning Session
- May 31 - Day 1 - Afternoon Session
- June 1 - Day 2 - Morning Session
- June 1 - Day 2 - Afternoon Session
View the Strategic Planning Workshop Agenda for the full schedule.
Updates on the previous year's goals, as well as accomplishments, highlights and emerging projects and initiatives were discussed. The City Council then reviewed and ranked their priorities to give staff clear direction.
Strategic Planning Sessions
- 2021 - 2022: Watch the videos for the 2021 - 2022 Strategic Planning Workshops:
- 2020 - 2021: There was no Strategic Planning session for 2020-2021 due to COVID-19.
- 2019 - 2020: Watch the video of the 2019 - 2020 Strategic Planning Workshop.
- View the links below for an update on the progress made on the goals from the 2019-2020 Strategic Plan: