Current and Upcoming Road Closures
Full (All-Lane) Road and Trail Closures
Camino Real Boulevard Intracoastal Waterway Bridge
CLOSED: April 12, 2018 at 5:00 A.M., to approximately June 30 , 2019
The Camino Real Intracoastal Waterway Bridge project, overseen by Palm Beach County Roads & Bridges, will result in a complete renovation of the existing Camino Real bridge. The renovation will require the complete closure of the Camino Real bridge to vehicles and pedestrians for a period lasting approximately 15 months. Vehicle access to buildings located along the north end of Spanish River Road will only be available from Ponce De Leon Rd. Marine traffic wishing to navigate under the bridge during this time is restricted to half-channel (41ft wide) under the bridge. Vessels requiring additional clearance must provide 6 hour notice for a full channel clearance by contacting the Kiewit Project Manager at 301-740-4483. At times, the entire channel may be closed; these times will be scheduled with USCG and published on the Local Notice to Mariners.
Partial Road (Lane) Closures
SW 18th Street, between Dixie Highway and the El Rio Canal
CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY: Monday, March 12, 2018 to approximately November 21, 2018
The City of Boca Raton will be completing a roadway improvement/utility project on a segment of SW 18th Street from the El Rio Canal to Dixie Highway. Construction work is scheduled to begin March 12, 2018 and extend for a duration of 210 days (weather and schedule permitting). During construction the roadway will be open to vehicles, although traffic should seek alternate routes during this period.
I-95 EXPRESS LANES - FDOT PROJECT from SW 10th Street to south of Glades Rd.
Palmetto Park Road Traffic Impacts
PARTIAL LANE/RAMP CLOSURES: Monday, July 16, 2018 until approximately December 2018
As part of the I-95 Express Phase 3B-1
- Palmetto Park Road at I-95 will have the eastbound inside ramp lane to I-95 northbound closed through March 2019.
- Palmetto Park Road at I-95 will have the westbound inside lane closed through March 2019; the existing westbound ramp lane to I-95 southbound will be converted to a thru/ramp lane.
- Palmetto Park Road at I-95 will have two lanes closed in each direction nightly, as needed, Monday through Thursday. The first lane will close at 9pm, and the second lane will close at 10:30pm. All lanes will be opened by 5:30am.
- Palmetto Park Road at I-95 will have one lane closed in each direction daily, as needed, 9:30am until 3pm, Tuesday through Friday.
- The I-95 northbound exit ramp to Palmetto Park Road will be closed nightly, 11pm until 5am, Monday through Thursday. Motorists will be detoured via I-95 northbound, Hillsboro Boulevard, and Military Trail.
- The I-95 southbound entrance ramp from westbound Palmetto Park Road will be closed nightly, 11pm until 5am, Monday through Thursday. Motorists will be detoured via Military Trail and Hillsboro Boulevard. FHP will be on site to assist motorists. For more information, please contact Andrea Pacini, Community Outreach Specialist, 561-214-3358.
Camino Real, between SW 15th Avenue and CSX Railroad (West of I-95)
PARTIAL LANE CLOSURE: Monday, July 16, 2018 until approximately Friday, December 14, 2018
As part of the I-95 Express Phase 3B-1, FDOT will be doing foundation work which requires closing one outside lane on each direction along Camino Real. The lanes will be closed daily Monday through Saturday between 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M until Friday, December 14, 2018.