Art in Public Places Advisory Board
The Art in Public Places Advisory Board reviews and recommends to the City Council policies, programs and actions regarding art in the public realm. The Board is comprised of seven (7) members who are residents of the City with knowledge, experience or an interest in art.
Irvin Michael Lippman, Chair
Emily Gentile, Vice Chair
Red Reef Park West Wall Mural
"Call to Artists" Application
The City of Boca Raton Art in Public Places Advisory Board is seeking Request For Qualifications from artists for the Red Reef Park West Wall Murals.
The City is currently accepting applications from artists skilled in visual arts (murals). The preferred artist(s) will have an extensive background in street art with proven results in public spaces, civic and community engagement to create innovative temporary public art project(s). (Documentation that demonstrates experience must be provided.)
Proposed art should: promote the general view of the City of Boca Raton as a focal point for South Florida culture, creativity and entrepreneurial energy; encourage future public/private partnerships between local arts and culture initiatives; generate awareness of and attract support for the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center; and improve the overall aesthetic appearance of the south boardwalk entrance of the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center and Red Reef West Park.
Red Reef Park West Wall Mural "Call to Artists" Application
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 31, 2018 AT 5:00PM EST
- Aug. 31, 2018 Submission Deadline for proposal 5:00pm
- Sept. 5, 2018 Selection of Finalists (attendance required)
- Sept. 7, 2018 Notification to Finalists
- Sept. 20, 2018 Submission Deadline of Final Rendering 5:00pm
- Sept. 27, 2018 Approval of Final Renderings for Murals (attendance required)
- Oct. 6-19, 2018 Initial preparation of wall and commencement of murals
- Oct. 20, 2018 Mural Reveals (11:00am or other time to be determined by City)