Project Shade Tree
Celebrate Arbor Day with the City of Boca Raton
Arbor Day 2019 is April 26th!
The City of Boca Raton Beautification Committee sponsors their annual Project Shade Tree to commemorate National Arbor Day in April of each year.
To celebrate this event, residents may purchase this year's offered trees. NOTE: Only residents of the City of Boca Raton are eligible to participate. Find out if you are a City of Boca Raton resident. Opens a New Window.
- Price to homeowner $60 plus sales tax ($64.29), per tree
- 2 trees max, delivered in 15 gal pot, approximately 6 feet tall.
- Additional $50 per tree to be planted by the nursery
- Offer expires Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- Orders will be delivered after April 24, 2019
- To order tree, make checks for $64.29 payable to:
Gardening Angel Nursery
6978 NW 81st Terrace
Parkland, FL 33067
- Call Gardening Angel Nursery at (954) 752-3088 to order and arrange delivery
- Clearly place on check: name, address and phone number
- For Gardening Angel Nursery to plant the tree, please add $50 per tree and write "plant" on the check
- Nursery is located in Broward County, therefore, 6% sales tax applies
What trees are being offered this year?
Queen's Crepe Myrtle - Lagerstroemia speciosa
This lovely flowering shade tree is not native to the U.S. It is a large tree with height of 40-60 feet and spread of 30-40 feet. This is a large tree requiring no overhead obstructions and is not salt tolerant. Learn more about this tree on the University of Florida's IFAS page.
Japanese Blueberry - Elaeocarpus decipiens
This 15 to 20 foot tall slow growing tree is ideal as either a small shade tree or as a hedge material with approximately 5 foot spacing. Japanese Blueberry is a cold resistant tree that can be shaped as desired or left full grown. Learn more about this tree on the University of Florida's IFAS page.
Alternative trees that may be offered are Neem and Allspice.
Check out our Sustainability Tree Maintenance page to learn more about pruning and care of trees.