Things to Do & Know
A recurring feature in our monthly newsletter...
Each month we bring you a curated list of the Top Things to Do & Know in Boca Raton. It's November! In between turkey, football and family, spend some time at one of the many events happening in Boca Raton this month. Whether it's Sunday Jazz Brunch at Mizner Park, the Holiday Tree Lighting Festival, or FAU's Band-O-Rama, there's something for everyone!
Junk in the Trunk Community Garage Sale, November 2
Join us on Saturday, November 2 from 8am - 12pm at Patch Reef Park (2000 W Yamato Rd) for the Junk in the Trunk Community Garage Sale. This is a twist on the old garage sale. Registered participants will sell garage sale items from the trunk of their vehicle or space remaining in their designated area. FREE admission for shoppers! We will also have food trucks and music entertainment during the event. Visit Facebook for more information.
Red Reef Jr. Golf Classic, November 10
The City of Boca Raton and the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District are hosting the Red Reef Jr. Golf Classic on Sunday, November 10 at the Red Reef Park Golf Course. This FREE EVENT features three age groups and five divisions, with awards and gift bags for players. This event is limited to the first 36 qualified junior golfers who register. Visit our website to register! Registration deadline is Monday, November 4 at 5pm.
Veterans Day Ceremony & Concert, November 11
Honor all Veterans on Monday, November 11 with a ceremony in the morning and a concert at night. Visit Special Events to learn more about the Veterans Day events and how you can help with Forgotten Soldiers Outreach.
- Veterans Day Ceremony - 9am - 10:30am at Countess de Hoernle Park (1000 NW Spanish River Blvd)
- Enjoy a breakfast buffet with live entertainment by the American Bombshells. At 9:30am take part in a ceremony featuring speeches by Veteran groups and City Officials, music by Ft. Lauderdale Highlanders and Boca Raton Community High School Band, drills by Boca Raton Community High School NJROTC and Boca Raton Police and Fire Honor Guards, and a special medallion presentation to veterans in attendance.
- Veterans Day Concert - 7pm - 8:30pm at the Mizner Park Amphitheater (590 Plaza Real)
- This concert under the stars features music by the Florida Win Symphony. "An American Tribute" is presented under the direction of Dr. Kyle Prescott. Blankets and chairs welcome, snacks and beverages available for purchase. $5 chair rentals (free for veterans). Doors open at 6pm.
Top 3 Events at Mizner Park Amphitheater, November 16, 17 & 24
Mizner Park Amphitheater is bringing the fun this November with LOTOS Music Festival, FAU Band-O-Rama, and the return of the popular Sunday Jazz Brunch. Visit Mizner Park Amphitheater for more information on these events and more!
- LOTOS Music Festival - Saturday, November 16 from 3pm to 11pm
- FAU Band-O-Rama - Sunday, November 17 at 7pm (doors open at 6pm)
- Sunday Jazz Brunch - Sunday, November 24 from 11am to 3pm
Holiday Tree Lighting, November 23
Free and open to the public, kick off the holiday season at the City of Boca Raton's Holiday Tree Lighting on Saturday, November 23 from 4pm - 8pm at Mizner Park Amphitheater (590 Plaza Real). The whole family can free carnival rides, live entertainment, letters to Santa and more! Cap it off with the ceremonial lighting of the tree and a spectacular firework display. Visit Special Events on Facebook for more information.
Camp Boca, November 25-27, 29
With Thanksgiving break giving kids a couple of days off from school, Camp Boca has you covered with planned trips and activities for campers. Register your children for November 25-27 and 29. The camp day runs from 7:30am - 6pm at the Boca Raton Community Center (150 Crawford Blvd). Rates are $42/day for Residents, $59/day for Non-residents. Visit Camp Boca to view the itinerary for those days, or register online at webtrac.
Racquet Center: Thanksgiving Camp & Turkey Bowl
The Racquet Center is offering a Thanksgiving Pee Wee (ages 3-6) and Junior (ages 7-16) Tennis Camp on November 25-27 & 29. You can sign up for either half-day from 9am - 12pm or full day from 9am - 3pm. Visit MyBocaParks.org for more information and pricing.
The Racquet Center is also having its 34th Annual Turkey Bowl Tournament from November 27 - December 2 featuring Men's & Women's Singles and Doubles, as well as Mixed Doubles and Father-Son Doubles. Visit the Racquet Center for more information.
Junior Team Tennis
Patch Reef Tennis Center has been approved by the USTA to hold a Junior Team Event on November 15 & 16. Get on a team playing with friends at the Kickoff Play Day & Registration on November 15 from 5pm to 6:30pm at the Patch Reef Tennis Center. Match Play takes play on November 16 at 1pm - 4pm. This is for ages 6 - 18 (beginner to advanced players) and costs $25 fee for registration day and the November 16 event. For more information contact Local Youth Play Coordinator Susan Armeli.
Shows at Sugar Sand Park Community Center
- Mack the Knife: The Legendary Bobby Darin
- November 7-10 | 2pm & 8pm
- Cost: $35/person; $30 group rate (6 or more tickets purchased in one transaction); $30 season tickets
- Join us for a multimedia-enhanced, non-impersonation, live Las Vegas-style theatrical concert event featuring over 20 of Darin's classics and the fabulous Copacabana Dancers.
- Murder at the Butcher's: A Farce
- November 22-24 | 2pm & 8pm
- Cost: $25/person; $15 group rate (4 or more tickets purchased in one transaction); $20 season tickets
- Benny Benjamin and his wife Miriam arrive at their butcher shop one morning to find a dead body in the walk-in fridge. They can’t afford the scandal, so they decide to return at night to get rid of it. But when they come back, it’s gone! Mayhem ensues, as Benny and Miriam launch a cover up to conceal the truth, even though they don’t know what the truth is. There’s blood on the floor. But, don’t worry, it’s a butcher shop!
- The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System
- November 17 | 11am & 2pm
- Cost: $13 adults; $11 children 12 & under (juice and cookies included with each child's ticket)
- When the class gets lost on the way to the planetarium, Ms. Frizzle saves the day by blasting into outer space for an epic interplanetary field trip! But when rivalries both old and new threaten to tear the students apart, our young heroes must learn to pull together or risk getting forever lost in the solar system. Hop on the Magic School Bus for a ride in this new musical adaptation based on the original book series published by Scholastic.
Animal Adventures Day Camp
Spend Fall Break camp at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center exploring topics in science and nature. Register for one, two, or all three days! Camp is for children in grades 3, 4 and 5 and runs from 8:30am to 12pm. November 25 covers shark science, November 26 is animal anomalies and November 27 is about sensational sea turtles. Cost per child per day is $25 for resident/member and $30 for non/resident/non-member. Learn more at Gumbo Limbo.
- Story Central: “Southern Fried Humor” with Pat Nease – Downtown Library, November 2, 4:00-5:30pm
- Not only can’t you take the South of the woman, but you also can’t take the woman out of the South. And you wouldn’t want to. Pat Nease’s huge repertoire of true experiences, folktales, ghost stories and plain old delicious downhome Florida Panhandle humor never fails to intrigue and delight -- even diehard Yankees.
- FAU Research in Action: Human Augmentation: Technology, Applications and Implications – Downtown Library, November 21, 2:00-3:00pm
- Florida Atlantic University’s Oge Marques, Ph.D., will introduce the new discipline of human augmentation, an interdisciplinary research field that includes contributions from many areas of knowledge, including artificial intelligence (AI). He will focus on healthcare applications of the technology that can lead to better patient care and outcomes, as well as research on the use of AI in radiology to improve diagnostic and treatment decisions.