Spanish River Park / Beach Tunnels Art
"Call to Artists" Application
Please visit the Spanish River Park / Beach Tunnels Art "Call to Artists" Application to apply as an artist for this project.
The City of Boca Raton Art in Public Places Advisory Board is seeking Request for Qualifications from artists for the Spanish River Park / Beach Tunnel art.
The City is currently accepting applications from artists skilled in visual arts (murals). The preferred artist(s) will have an extensive background in street/wall art with proven results in public spaces, civic and community engagement to create innovative temporary public art project(s). (Documentation that demonstrates experience must be provided.)
Proposed art should: promote the general view of the City of Boca Raton as a focal point for South Florida culture, creativity and entrepreneurial energy; encourage future public/private partnerships between local arts and culture initiatives; and improve the overall aesthetic appearance of the pedestrian tunnels under A1A, between Spanish River Park and the beach. Abstract art may also be accepted.
THE APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2019 AT 5:00PM EST
- February 22, 2019 - Submission Deadline for proposal 5:00pm
- March 8, 2019 - Selection of Finalists (attendance required)
- March 15, 2019 - Submission Deadline of Final Rendering 5:00pm
- March 20, 2019 - Approval of Final Renderings for Murals (attendance required)
- April 6, 2019 - City Event "Springfest" to display approved artwork (attendance desired)
- April 6-May 17, 2019 - Artwork to be completed as follows (work allowed Monday through Friday, 8am - 6pm. NO work may be done on the weekends):
- Central Tunnel:
- April 8-12, 2019
- April 15-19, 2019
- North Tunnel:
- April 22-26, 2019
- April 29-May 3, 2019
- South Tunnel:
- May 6-10, 2019
- May 13-17, 2019
- Central Tunnel:
- May 18, 2019 - Mural Reveal (or other time to be determined by City) (attendance required)