Bark Beach General Information
3001 N. State Road A1A, Boca Raton, FL 33487
(Between Towers 18 & 20)
Hours of Operation:
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
7am - 9am
3pm - Sunset (EST)
5pm - Sunset (DST)
COVID-19 Update as of June 5, 2020
Beginning Friday, June 5, 2020 Bark Beach at Spanish River Park will reopen to permit-holders, and permits will be available for purchase with new safety protocols.
For Bark Beach permit information, please view the eligibility requirements below.
Permits can be purchased and picked up at:
Boca Raton Community Center
150 Crawford Blvd, Boca Raton, FL 33432
- Curbside processing and pick-up will take place from the west entrance of the Boca Raton Community Center. The Community Center building remains closed to the public.
- For the health and safety of City staff and customers, all individuals must wear a face covering while speaking with City staff.
- Credit cards will be accepted only. Cash payments will not be accepted.
- Customers will place all required documents on a clipboard.
- Staff will process the permit, place the documents, the permit and the receipt on the clipboard and give to the customer.
- The clipboard/pen will be wiped down with a disinfectant between customers.
Our Bark Beach was featured on Forbes.com!
Bark Beach Rules
- Please have your dog(s) relieve themselves before entering the dog beach.
- Dogs shall be on a leash prior to entering and upon departing the dog beach.
- A person with a dog must be in possession of a device to properly dispose of any fecal matter deposited by their dog.
- The permit holder must carry permit on person at all times when bringing a dog to the beach. Each dog must have a permit. Limit of 2 dogs per person.
- Dogs are ONLY permitted in the "dog friendly" area - between lifeguard towers 18 and 20 on designated days and times.
- Dogs shall not dig in the sand.
- Dogs shall not create a nuisance by causing any form of disturbance such as excessive barking, aggressive behavior towards other dogs or people, and/or other undesirable conduct. Permit holders acknowledge they are responsible for their dogs and their dogs’ actions.
All incidents and injuries must be reported to the Recreation Services Department by calling 561-393-7810 weekdays; 8am - 5pm. On weekends and holidays, please call Park Ranger Headquarters at 561-393-7815.
Bark Beach Permits
Annual Access Permit Fees
|Resident Permits |
City & Beach and Park District
|$31 per dog|
|Non-Resident Permits||$167 per dog|
Weekend Access Passes
|Friday, Saturday & Sunday|
(available at the Spanish River Park Gatehouse)
|$11 per dog|
In exchange for the privilege of using the dog beach, the permit holder waives and releases any and all liability, claims and actions against the City of Boca Raton, its officers, employees and agents ("City") for injury and/or property damage of any type or nature that permit holder has, may have or that may subsequently accrue as a result of the use of this permit, including without limitation injury or damaged caused by the negligence of the City. The permit holder shall indemnify and hold harmless the City from any and all claims for injury and/or property damage resulting from the use of this permit.
Where may permits be obtained?
Permits are valid October to September. Permits may be obtained at the following locations:
150 Crawford Blvd.
Boca Raton, FL 33432
9am - 4pm
9am - 4pm
James A. Rutherford
@ Patch Reef Park
2000 W Yamato Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Sugar Sand Park
300 S Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Current permit holders can now renew online.
Proof of Residency
ALL applicants are required to provide a proof of residency. Proof of Residency (home address) can be ONE of the following original documents:
- Current City/County tax bill
- Water bill
- Florida Power/Light bill
- Rental/Lease agreement
- Current driver’s license
University students/faculty residing on campus may establish proof of residency by submitting a signed letter by the Director of Housing, certifying that they reside on campus.
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle registration is also required to obtain Mizner Bark permit only.