Business Resources (COVID-19)
We recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted and altered your business over the last few of months. As we prepare for a safe and thoughtful recovery through the State’s Phase 1 Safe. Smart. Step by Step Plan, the City of Boca Raton will continue to support and promote the business community so that we can all get through this together.
We hope the information and resources we have provided will bring our business community together through the recovery period and help keep our City stay prepared and safe.
For the latest COVID-19 updates from the City, visit COVID-19 Updates.
City of Boca Raton Small Business Grant Program
The City of Boca Raton’s Small Business Recovery Relief Grant Program (Grant Program) is a $500,000 grant program designed to support local small retail, restaurant and retail service businesses that are located within city limits of Boca Raton and have experienced financial loss as a result of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
The Grant Program is intended to provide eligible businesses with one-time grants of up to $5,000 on a first come-first eligibly served basis. To be considered eligible, businesses are required to complete an online application and submit any additional required documents. Additional criteria and application information can be found at Small Business Grant. Funding is still available through this program.
Palm Beach County CARES Restart Business Grants Program
The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) approved the CARES Restart Business Grants Program to accelerate the reopening of businesses hardest hit by COVID-19. The $60 million Business Restart Program uses a portion of the county’s $261 million allocation from the Federal CARES Act approved by Congress.
The program guidelines, including eligibility criteria, are currently posted on the County’s website. The BCC gave approval for individual grants up to $25,000 to help Palm Beach County businesses forced to close or limit operations and are now planning to “restart” based on the county’s phased opening process.
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan provides economic relief to small businesses and non-profit organizations that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue.
- Take the Business Damage Assessment Survey online. Surveys submitted by small businesses can be used to access the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan.
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program for businesses suffering economic distress due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Information provides a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll.
Visit Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce’s Coronavirus webpage for additional information on funding.
COVID-19 Updates for Businesses
Update July 16, 2020 (12:01am) Restricted Hours for Alcohol and Food Service
Palm Beach County issued an Emergency order restricting the hours for alcohol and food service and restricting the operating hours for certain businesses and venues. View the Emergency Order.
Update June 26, 2020 (1:45pm) - Suspension of On Premises Consumption of Alcohol
Effective immediately, the Department of Business and Professional Regulation is suspending on premises consumption of alcohol at bars statewide. View the Emergency Order.
Update June 25, 2020 (10am) - Palm Beach County Issues Emergency Order Requiring Facial Coverings
Palm Beach County requires facial coverings while in public. The Emergency Order mandates facial coverings to be worn in indoor public spaces as well as outdoor public spaces where physical distancing of at least 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained. Learn what this means for businesses.
Reporting & Violations
For information regarding enforcement and violations, view page 6 of the Emergency Order.
For more information or to report a violation, residents and businesses can contact the COVID Education Compliance Team at 561-24COVID (561-242-6843) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City & Community Services
Expanded Outdoor Seating - To assist restaurants with safe options for reopening, the City is temporarily allowing expanded outdoor seating for businesses that request it. See the step by step process for approval.
A-Frame Signs - The City has temporarily suspended restrictions on A-Frame signs for restaurants until further notice.
City of Boca Raton Utility Services - No water cut offs and no late fees from March 18, 2020 until further notice.
View the video from our Utility Services Department on how to properly prepare your building by flushing out your water system.
Small Business Development Center
Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is working to support our businesses to overcome the impact of COVID-19. Florida SBDC mandates that all their consulting services be provided online until further notice. Please use this link to request consulting from the Small Business Development Center at FAU.
View our past COVID-19 Newsletters for Businesses & Restaurants
- City of Boca Raton Office of Economic Development Business Resources guide
- City of Boca Raton Restaurant and Business Information newsletter
- City of Boca Raton Phase 1 Reopening newsletter
Governor DeSantis authorized the reopening of Palm Beach County into the State’s Phase 1 Safe. Smart. Step by Step Plan for Florida’s Recovery beginning Monday, May 11, 2020.
Under Phase 1, some businesses and establishments in the City of Boca Raton are now able to reopen with some limitations. Learn more... (Link to where we are today page).
Here are some resources and best practices for businesses that are reopening:
- American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Business & Professional Regulations
- Discover the Palm Beaches
- The Palm Beaches Pledge – Committed to the health and safety of the community
- Florida Health Department
- Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association
- National Retail Federation
- National Restaurant Association
- United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- United States Chamber of Commerce
- Information and Resources webpage
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- Career Source Palm Beach County Virtual Career System
- City of Boca Raton Office of Economic Development
- COVID-19 City FAQs
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity COVID-19 Resources for Employers and Individuals
- Emergency & Executive Orders
- Utilize Online City Services
- Virtual City Council Meetings