iSIP - SW 12th Avenue Upgrades
Construction Now in Progress
As part of the City of Boca Raton’s Innovative Sustainable Infrastructure Program (iSIP) in the Boca Square neighborhood, there will be infrastructure upgrades installed along SW 12th Avenue from Camino Real to Palmetto Park Road.
The goal of this project is to have the major upgrades completed by the time Addison Mizner Elementary School opens for students in August 2021.
- Wider sidewalks
- Additional shade trees
- Restoring swales
- Enhanced lighting
- Improved traffic flow at Royal Palm Rd.*
- Upgraded water and sewer utility mains
*A new traffic enhancement will be installed at SW 12th Avenue and Royal Palm Road to assist with travel from Royal Palm Road to Palmetto Park Road.
- Lane and sidewalk closures should be expected.
- Single-lane closures may involve short neighborhood detours.
- Double-lane closures (only on Camino Real) will include lane shifts.
- Road closures are not planned, but may be necessary for specific construction activity.
- Work will be performed Monday – Friday from 8am-5pm.
- Initial work is anticipated to begin early March 2021 at the intersection of Camino Real and SW 12th Avenue, with rolling progression along SW 12th Avenue to Palmetto Park Road.
* * * Please use caution when traveling through the project area. * * *
- Construction contractor: Lanzo Construction Co., Inc. - For questions & concerns related to construction, please call 954-719-5949.
- General information – please email iSIP@myboca.us
- Anticipated project completion: August 2021
Stay Connected for Updates - Nextdoor and Nixle
For iSIP neighborhood project updates, connect with the City through social media and text alerts.
Download the Nextdoor app on your mobile device. Nextdoor is a neighborhood app which allows us to post updates on City information across the City or directly to specific neighborhoods or service areas.
If you’re already on the app, you find the City’s posts in the "General" category or under "Local Agencies" in the menu.