Recycled Material Art Project
"Call to Artists" Applications
Please visit the Recycled Material Art Project "Call to Artists" Application to apply as an artist for this project.
The City of Boca Raton is seeking Request For Qualifications from artists for a Recycled Material Art Project made from discarded materials to be located in the grassy area adjacent to A1A near the South Beach Park Pavilion.
The City is currently accepting applications from artists skilled in visual arts, specifically artwork using recycled materials, raising awareness of the growing plastic pollution problem in our oceans and encouraging conservation and waste reduction in our community. The preferred artist(s) will have an extensive background with artwork using recycled/re-purposed materials, such as discarded plastics and items found on the beaches. (Documentation that demonstrates experience must be provided.)
Proposed artwork should: encourage creative ways to repurpose, recycle, conserve, and educate the community about the harmful effects of pollution and plastics on marine life, and inspire sustainable actions through an aesthetically pleasing artistic creation.
THE APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2021 AT 4:00 PM EST.
- October 15, 2021 - Issuance of Call to Artists
- November 16, 2021 - Submission Deadline for proposal 4:00 PM
- December 13, 2021 - Selection of Finalists by City Council
- January 1 - February 28, 2022 - Artwork installation timeframe
- March 1, 2022 - Artwork completion deadline
- Call to Artists - Recycled Art Project (PDF)
- Recycled Art Project FINAL Selection Criteria (PDF)
- Recycled Art Project FINAL Site Location Map (PDF)
- Recycled Art Project Sample Agreement between City and Artists for Signature (PDF)