Guidelines & Rules
Rules for Dog Park Use
- Be polite. Scoop up the poop! Bag stations and trashcans are available throughout the dog park.
- Remain in the dog park and in full view of your dog at all times.
- Leash your dog prior to entering and upon leaving the dog park.
- Aggressive behavior must be addressed immediately. Either move your dog to another part of the park or leave the park.
- For safety reasons, children must be at least 4 feet tall and supervised by an adult to use the dog park. Children must behave in a responsible manner: no running, chasing dogs, or petting dogs without the owner’s permission.
- No more than two dogs per person on any one visit.
- Dog toys, leashes, etc. left in the park will be disposed of at the end of the day. The City accepts no responsibility or liability for such items.
- Female dogs in heat or sick dogs cannot be brought into the park.
- Dogs should be under voice control (i.e., come when called).
- Dogs must be vaccinated and display current licenses on their collars.
- Puppies under four months of age are prohibited.
- Spayed/neutered animals are recommended.
- No food, treats, alcoholic beverages (soft drinks and water are allowed), strollers, bicycles, or children’s toys are allowed in the dog park. This is a recreation park for dogs accompanied by their owners.
- Playing catch (i.e., football, baseball, etc.) or using remote controlled toys, which can cause harm to the dogs in the park, is not allowed.
- Choke, prong, pinch, and spike collars must be removed inside park area.
- Professional dog trainers are not permitted to use this facility for training.
- Persons in violation of these rules may be required to leave the dog park.
- Use of this facility shall be for a dog park; any other use is prohibited.
Incidents & Injuries
All incidents and injuries must be reported to the Recreation Services Department by calling 561-393-7810 weekdays; 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. On weekends and holidays, please call Park Ranger Headquarters 561-393-7815.
Be advised that this dog park is an unsupervised recreational area of the City of Boca Raton’s Recreation Services Department. The use of the dog park is at your own risk.
Dog owners are responsible for, and liable with respect to, the actions of their dogs and any damage or injury to person or property caused by same.
Dogs and / or their owners who violate these rules are subject to removal from the park and possible suspension of the right to utilize the park. The City of Boca Raton reserves the right to refuse entry to dogs and/or their owners into Mizner Bark for the reasons of health, safety, and prior offenses or for the comfort of all patrons and/or their pets.
Patrons of the park who engage in activities (i.e., playing ball, using remote controlled toys, etc.) not related to the dog park’s purpose or who violate any other guideline are liable for any damage or injury to persons, dogs, or property.
City of Boca Raton
Recreation Services Department