Recycling is collected once a week. The City has a two-bin recycling collection program. The collection days are indicated on the “Weekly Pickup Schedule”. Rinse all items prior to placing in bins. Do not place in plastic bags.
Rinse all items prior to placing in bins. Remove caps/lids and dispose of in your regular garbage. Do not place in plastic bags.
- Aluminum cans
- Steel Cans
- Milk and juice cartons
- Small drink boxes
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic Containers number 1- 7
Large corrugated cardboard must be cut down to 2 foot by 2 foot pieces. If cardboard boxes are larger than 2 foot by 2 foot, place in a separate pile for bulk collection.
- Paper Bags - Place loosely in bin
- Magazines/Catalogs/Telephone Books - Place loosely in bin
- Beverage Cartons, Tissue Boxes, Dry Food Boxes (cereal, cracker boxes)
- Cardboard Boxes - Flatten and place loosely in or next to the bin. Must be broken down and no larger than 2 foot by 2 foot maximum
- Unwanted Mail, School/Office Paper
- Shredded paper-secure in paper bag
Because contamination affects the marketability of the materials we collect, please do not place the following in your recycling containers:
- No Plastic Bags. Return to any participating grocery store for recycling.
- No Food Waste
- No Styrofoam (example: egg cartons, packing materials, etc.)
- No motor oil, pesticide, or chemical containers
- No plastic flower pots
- No Plastic utensils
- No Paper Plates
- No Paper Coffee Cups
- No Tissue, Napkins, or Paper Towels
- No Light Bulbs
- No Hangers (plastic or wire)
How to Obtain Your Recycling Bins
The City's Sanitation Department will deliver recycling bins directly to your home. You must live within the city limits of Boca Raton in order to receive delivery service from the City. Please call 561-416-3367 in order to schedule delivery of your yellow and blue recycling bins.
For removal of damaged or unusable recycling bins, place in your garbage container if possible, or place it out for bulk collection with a note on it stating that you would like it to be removed.
Recycling Drop-Off Locations
The Solid Waste Authority provides recycling drop-off locations that are accessible 24 hours daily. For a complete list of recycling drop-off centers call toll free: 866-792-4636 or visit the SWA’s website. Most locations accept only paper products unless otherwise indicated.