Bark Beach at Spanish River Park
Bark Beach is a dedicated area of beach for your canine friend to run off leash! As a Bark Beach permit holder, you will gain access to Bark Beach at Spanish River Park (3001 N State Road A1A, Boca Raton, FL 33487) located between lifeguard towers 18 and 20.
Hours of operation
- Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- 3:00pm-Sunset (EST)
- 5:00pm-Sunset (DST)
$35 Per dog
Valid Oct 1 - Sept 30
$210 Per dog
Valid Oct 1 - Sept 30
$15 Per dog
Valid for that weekend ONLY
Please note: Beach parking is NOT included in annual permit or weekend pass, to park at the park you must purchase a beach permit. Metered parking along Spanish River Blvd is available but limited.
A Boca Raton address doesn't necessarily mean you live within city limits. Parts of Boca Raton are in unincorporated Palm Beach County and are serviced by the County. Input your home address in our city limits map to see if you're within the City's boundaries and considered a resident. If you are not within the City’s boundaries, you are considered a Non-Resident.
- Have your dog(s) relieve themselves before entering the dog beach; there are restrooms and water fountains located in the park for humans.
- Dogs shall be leashed prior to entering and upon departing the dog beach.
- A person with a dog must be in possession of a device to properly dispose of any fecal matter deposited by their dog.
- The permit holder must carry permit on their person at all times when bringing a dog to the beach. Each dog must have their own permit. Limit of 2 dogs is allowed per person.
- Dogs are only permitted in the “Dog friendly area (between lifeguard towers 18 and 20) on days and times designated – they may run off leash within this area during bark beach hours.
- Dogs shall not dig in the sand.
- Dogs shall not create a nuisance by causing any form of disturbance such as excessive barking, aggressive behavior towards other dogs or people, and/or other undesirable conduct. Permit holders acknowledge they are responsible for their dogs and their dog’s actions.
Please read carefully: In exchange for the privilege of using the dog beach, the permit holder waives and releases any and all liability, claims and actions against the City of Boca Raton, its officers, employees and agents ("City") for injury and/or property damage of any type or nature that permit holder has, may have or that may subsequently accrue as a result of the use of this permit, including without limitation injury or damaged caused by the negligence of the City. The permit holder shall indemnify and hold harmless the City from any and all claims for injury and/or property damage resulting from the use of this permit.
Dog owners are responsible for, and liable with respect to, the actions of their dogs and any damage or injury to person or property cause by the same. Dog and/or their owners who violate these rules are subject to removal from the park and possible suspension of the right to utilize the park. The City of Boca Raton reserves the right to refuse entry to dogs and/or their owner into Mizner Bark or Bark Beach for the reasons of health, safety, and prior offenses or for the comfort of all patrons and/or their pets.
All incidents and injuries must be reported to the Recreation Services Department by calling 561-393-7810 weekdays 8am - 5pm. On weekends and holidays, please call Park Ranger Headquarters 561-393-7815.
Did you know Bark Beach was featured on FORBES magazine? Take a look!