Are you unsure which items to recycle?
Do you need to obtain your recycling bins?
Recycling takes little effort on your part to make a tremendous impact on our community. Learn how you can help us work toward a more sustainable community!
In the City of Boca Raton, recycling is collected once a week through the two-bin recycling collection program. The collection days are indicated on the "Weekly Pickup Schedule" located in the Annual Sanitation Brochure.
The two-bins included in the recycling collection program are yellow and blue. Items collected in each bin are as follows:
Rinse all items prior to placing in bins. Do not place in plastic bags.
- Aluminum cans
- Steel Cans
- Milk and juice cartons
- Small drink boxes
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic Containers number 1- 7
Remove caps/lids and dispose of in your regular garbage.
- Paper Bags - Place loosely in bin
- Magazines/Catalogs/Telephone Books - Place loosely in bin
- Beverage Cartons, Tissue Boxes, Dry Food Boxes (cereal, cracker boxes)
- Cardboard Boxes - Flatten and place loosely in or next to the bin. Must be broken down and no larger than 2 foot by 2 foot maximum
- Unwanted Mail, School/Office Paper
- Shredded paper-secure in paper bag
Because contamination affects the marketability of the materials we collect, please do not place the following in your recycling containers:
- No Plastic Bags. Return to any participating grocery store for recycling.
- No Food Waste
- No Styrofoam (example: egg cartons, packing materials, etc.)
- No motor oil, pesticide, or chemical containers
- No plastic flower pots
- No Plastic utensils
- No Paper Plates
- No Paper Coffee Cups
- No Tissue, Napkins, or Paper Towels
- No Light Bulbs
- No Hangers (plastic or wire)
It's not too late to start to recycle! The City's Sanitation Division will deliver recycling bins directly to your home. You must live within the limits of Boca Raton in order to receive delivery service from the City. If your bins are damaged or unusable, place them in your garbage container, if possible, or place it out for bulk collection with a note on it stating that you would like it to be removed. Please call 561-416-3367 in order to schedule delivery of your bins.
Recycling also benefits the City of Boca Raton through the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County's Municipal Revenue Share Program. Please read the "It Pays to Be Green" Press Release (PDF) for more details.
Print this image as a PDF