In case you missed it, at the August 24 City Council Workshop, the Florida Dept. of Transportation (FDOT) and project representatives presented plans for a Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) at Glades Road and the Clint Moore Road overpass bridge replacement. These construction projects are part of the more extensive I-95 Express Lanes project currently in progress in Boca Raton and Delray.
About the Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) at Glades Road/I-95 Interchange project:
- Est. start date: early 2021 | Est. completion date: late 2022
- Project goals include reduced congestion, increased safety and improved mobility in the highly used Glades Road/I-95 area.
About the Clint Moore Road Overpass Bridge replacement project:
- Est. start date: late 2020 - early 2021 | Est. completion date: early 2023
- Full closure during a 15-month construction period compared to a 26-month construction period while maintaining traffic on the bridge, to expedite construction and minimize impacts to the traveling public.
- One-lane exclusive access for emergency responders will be provided during construction.
- Project includes 7 ft. bike lanes and expanded multi-use paths.
View the I-95 Express Lanes project page for more information and contact information for the project.